Wednesday, 12 August 2015

WWW Wednesday (2)


IMG_1384-0

WWW Wednesday is hosted by Taking on a World of Words and basically, you just follow the following 3 questions:

What are you currently reading?
What did you recently finish reading?
What do you think you'll read next?


The Demon King (Seven Realms, #1)Currently reading: The Demon King by Cinda Williams Chima. To be honest, this has been a slow starter for me, but I've heard such wonderful things about it that I want to finish it. I'm hoping it picks up soon and drags me in, but I'm about half way through (and it's 500 pages!) and not much is capturing my attention yet.



Days of Blood & Starlight (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #2)Recently finished reading: Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor which is the second book in the Daughter of Smoke and Bone series. It had been a few months since I read the first, so it look me a while to get back into the story, but once I did I was swept away by Laini Taylor's writing and beautiful storytelling.

The Girl of Fire and Thorns (Fire and Thorns, #1)I've also recently finished The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson and was pleasantly surprised about this one. I loved Elisa as a main character and the story was a brilliant set-up for the rest of the series whilst also containing lots of fast paced action. I'm really excited to carry on with this series!







Reading next: I'm playing #bingobookathon over on Instagram (hosted by nicole_in_neverland) so my next book will come out of my bingo TBR jar!

Link me your WWW Wednesday post down in the comments so I can see what you've been reading recently! 

Happy reading!


4 comments:

  1. I have Daughter of Smoke and Bone on my TBR, so I'm glad to hear the series stays strong. Second books can sometimes be a bit weak. I'm still on my self-imposed series ban because I have to get through some stand-alones to reduce my TBR before getting sucked into another series!
    Thanks for visiting my WWW and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I was definitely worried about going into the second book but it was really good :) And I definitely need to impose a ban on starting new series - I get sucked in to new releases and then get caught up in so many series I'm losing my mind a bit!!

      Delete
  2. The Girl of Fire and Thorns is one of my favourites! I've been thinking about reading Cinda Williams Chima for a while now, although it will probably be a while before I get around to it if its a slow book, my TBR is already too long!
    http://dualreads.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/www-wednesday-12th-august.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ended up finishing it last night and the last 100 pages were really good and made me want to carry on with it! I just wish it had been like that from the start but I do understand all the world building had to take place. It's always hard though when you know there are so many amazing books out there still to read!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...