Tuesday, 29 October 2013

Top Ten Tuesday - Scariest Looking Book Covers


Top Ten Scariest Looking Book Covers

When it comes to being scared, anything ghostly is the thing that gets me. Haunting tales and images petrify me, and I cannot watch any kind of film in this genre. I also don’t really like to read books that feature ghosts, although I can sometimes make exceptions. I haven’t read any of these books, although there are some that I want to try, but these covers all give me chills!

 photo week9books1-3_zpsb1ee867a.png
1. In the Shadow of Blackbirds by Cat Winters
2. Asylum by Madeleine Roux

 photo week9books4-6_zps0d18d91d.png
4. This is Not a Test by Courtney Summers
5. The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff
6. Insomnia by J.R. Johansson

 photo week9books7-10_zps6ec7b5cc.png
7. It by Stephen King
8. Long Lankin by Lindsey Barraclough
9. The Murmurings by Carly Anne West
10. The Hunting Ground  by Cliff McNish

What covers have you chosen? Do you love to read these kinds of books? Let me know in the comments and leave me a link to your post so I can check it out!



7 comments:

  1. Mrs. Peregrine's has always creeped me out -- ew creepy kids! I can't tell if Asylum has a kid on it but either way it freaks me out. Your blog is super cute, btw! :)

    Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kid thing definitely creeps me out!! I actually kind of don't like this post being at the top of my homepage right now! Thanks so much for your kind words about my blog btw :)

      Delete
  2. It's the first time I see This is Not A Test. The cover catches my attention maybe I'll add it to my TBR pile. ;) Great picks!

    Our List
    Andy @ Owl Always Be Reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover is so captivating, yet so eeire...definitely eye-catching. I still need to read it too, so hopefully the story matches up :)

      Delete
  3. Wow all of your books either made my list, almost did, or I'm kicking myself for forgetting them. Like The Murmurings... how did I forget that?? That cover is so creepy! This is Not a Test was SO close to making my list. I loved that book!! Cool list :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle! The Murmurings actually almost didn't make mine, I was choosing between that and Carrie but it won it the end...her eye is just too creepy hah!

      Delete
  4. We have a couple of the same books! This is Not a Test has always creeped me out, I'm pretty sure it was themain reason I even read the book.

    Roxy @ Story Envy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...