Wednesday, 3 July 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (6)

Hosted by Breaking The Spine 

Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins

Publication date: 8th April 2014
Rebel BelleHarper Price, peerless Southern belle, was born ready for a Homecoming tiara. But after a strange run-in at the dance imbues her with incredible abilities, Harper's destiny takes a turn for the seriously weird. She becomes a Paladin, one of an ancient line of guardians with agility, super strength and lethal fighting instincts.

Just when life can't get any more disastrously crazy, Harper finds out who she's charged to protect: David Stark, school reporter, subject of a mysterious prophecy and possibly Harper's least favorite person. But things get complicated when Harper starts falling for him--and discovers that David's own fate could very well be to destroy Earth.
With snappy banter, cotillion dresses, non-stop action and a touch of magic, this new young adult series from bestseller Rachel Hawkins is going to make y'all beg for more. [Goodreads]





Why I'm Waiting?

This will be Rachel Hawkins' new series starting next year and I cannot wait. Earlier this year I hadn't read any of her work before, even though I'd been meaning to read Hex Hall for a long time. I then received an ARC of School Spirits and really fell for her writing, style and storytelling talents. This book sounds brilliant - super abilities, action, a love interest and a hidden secret. And it's all set in the South which I'm always fascinated by with a gorgeous cover to boot!



8 comments:

  1. Ummmm yes! I absolutely cannot wait for this, Hannah! I think I'm falling more and more in love with contemps, and I partly blame you...in the best possible way haha great selection this week! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha ;) Same actually, last year I read loads of rubbish ones in a row and it really annoyed me! But I've started to discover what I love about them again, and when they're good, they're so good!!

      Delete
  2. Nice pick. Thanks for sharing :)

    following via bloglovin

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/07/waiting-on-wednesday-54-avalon-15.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must get my hands on this when it comes out! What a beautiful cover and exciting plot! Amazing pick this week, Hannah! :)
    ~Becca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becca! I can't stop looking at the cover! :)

      Delete
  4. I haven't read any of her books yet, but I've heard good things about the Hex Hall series. Great pick. :)

    Thanks for stopping by my WOW. :)

    Holly @ Part of that World

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be definitely starting them soon - they do sound really good! :) Thanks for stopping by Holly!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...