Tuesday, 2 July 2013

Top Ten Tuesday - Most Intimidating Books


This is such a fun topic this week, I can't wait to look through everyone's choices! Quite often on a Tuesday I am left bewildered, shameful and a little lost - it seems to highlight all the books I still haven't had time to read and I end up adding loads more to my TBR list or I get a bit click-happy on Amazon. Well...this week the secrets are out! :) 

Top Ten Most Intimidating Books

Sheer length of book or series: 


1. Gone Series by Michael Grant - I've been meaning to start this for so long but there's 6 in the series now. It's still one I definitely want to begin but I do find it intimidating everytime I think of starting it!

2. Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin - Wow. Do I have the time to get invested in this? Probably not. Everyone raves about it though, so I feel like I'm missing out. But...it's so long! 

3. Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell - This one seems so complicated, I don't know if I would get impatient with it and end up throwing it at the wall in frustration! 

4. A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness - This has such good reviews and I've been recommended it a lot - but the length really intimidates me! I think it's one to definitely get stuck into though...when I have time...

Topic:

 photo week6books5-6_zpsfdb72356.png

5. Anything by Stephen King - He scares me. I started Misery when I was very young and it made me cry so I hid it away. It now sits on my bookshelf next to Carrie and they stare at me whilst I watch TV. One day I will try again because I'm not that little girl anymore and we need to grow up sometime...right?!

6. Life of Pi by Yann Martel - I've put this under 'Topic' because I really don't know if it's one I want to spend time reading about. I don't want to admit it...but I don't get it. I've not watched the film yet, but I might just give the book a miss! 

Extras: 

 photo week6books7-10_zpsea26c3c6.png

7. Someday, Someday Maybe by Lauren Graham - I love Lauren Graham, she has a special place in my heart, as does Gilmore Girls. I don't want her book to be rubbish and ruin that for me! I've got it ready and waiting on my Kindle for when I finally take the step! 

8. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas - So many people love this and I know it has a huge fan base but I think that makes me build up massive expectations that will always be too big for it to compare. 

9. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson - I wasn't a massive fan of the first two but I hate leaving things unfinished - I just need to get round to this but I don't like knowing I'm going into something I probably won't enjoy all that much. 

10. Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia - Although this is long, that's not what's intimidating me about this one. Like Throne of Glass, I think the hype is putting me off. It sounds like a book I would really love, but I really don't want to be disappointed! 


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful Creatures was a rough one for me, Hannah. So many people loved it, but I didn't, so I understand why you might be intimidated by it! And yes...I see Game of Thrones on a TON of lists today. It's worth a read! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh that's what I was hoping wouldn't happen with Beautiful Creatures. I think I'll give it a try but I'll have to learn not to expect as much :) Game of Thrones is the biggest of the intimidations though haha!

      Delete
  2. You will love Beautiful Creatures. There is such hype about the movies, and it's popping up everywhere, but the book is really amazing and I was surprised too :) I'm also curious about Lauren Graham's book, but I've heard great things!
    Amazing list!
    ~Becca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you've heard great things about Lauren Graham's book Becca! That makes me feel better :) And yeah, I'll eventually get round to Beautiful Creatures, especially before I watch the film, and hope for the best :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...