Thursday, 4 July 2013

Review - Yours Truly by Kirsty Greenwood

Yours Truly
Title: Yours Truly
Author: Kirsty Greenwood
Published: 4th July 2012
Source: Kindle edition from Amazon UK

Your bum does not look big in that dress.

Mmm, it tastes delicious!

Of course you’re better looking than Jon Hamm.

Newly engaged Natalie Butterworth is an easy-going girl. She’ll do anything for a quiet life and if telling a few teensy white lies keeps her friends and family happy, then so what? It’s not like they’ll ever discover what she’s really thinking… 

Until one night, thanks to a pub hypnotist, Natalie’s most private thoughts begin to bubble up and pop out of her mouth. Things get very messy indeed. Especially when some sticky home truths offend her fiancé.

Natalie must track down the hypnotist before the wedding is officially cancelled. So along with bad influence bestie Meg, Natalie finds herself in the Yorkshire Parish of Little Trooley - a small village bursting with big secrets, nosy old folk and intriguing Wellington-wearing men.

When the girls get stranded in the village with no means of escape and no way to break the hypnotist's spell, Natalie is forced to face the truths she has been avoiding her whole life...[Goodreads]

I first discovered this book through Novelicious - the founding editor of the site is Kirsty Greenwood, the author of this book. At the moment this is still only available as an ebook but I think it's being released as a paperback later this year as Kirsty has signed on an official book deal. 

I will admit that, at first, I was slightly wary of buying this. I wanted to support Kirsty as a long-time reader of Novelicious but I really didn't know what to expect. The site produces really great reviews, book news and articles but this would be something else entirely. 


However, I'm so glad I decided to buy it. It completely exceeded what I was expecting in every way - it was so warm and very, very funny. I laughed out loud so many times whilst reading it and that's exactly what I had wanted from it. The love story was also very well written with enough twists to keep the whole story going. Overall, it was an entertaining, feel-good read that left me with a smile on my face. There were a few editing issues but I bought the ebook very early on so these have probably been corrected by now, or I'm sure they will be for the paperback edition. Having said that, I didn't even find them off-putting or distracting as I would normally. 


Kirsty definitely has a true talent for writing and her debut novel was a pleasure to read. I hope we'll see many more fantastic books from her in the future!
           

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...