Tuesday, 18 June 2013

Top Ten Tuesdays - Books At The Top Of My Summer TBR List


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is:

TOP TEN BOOKS AT THE TOP OF MY SUMMER TBR LIST

I am personally using my summer to catch up as much as I can on books I've missed. This might be a whole series, finishing a series off or stand-alones. Recently I've been dedicating too much time to reading review copies of books, and quite a lot of them have left me feeling a bit deflated. There are so many great new books coming out and I've got a lot of new releases sat on my shelves waiting to go, but I keep promising myself to read ones I've had for some time and the summer seems to be the perfect time for this. I don't know if I will be able to resist the temptation of a new book, but we'll see :) 

 photo weekfourbooks1-3_zpsfe0f8a11.png

1. The Dead Girls Dance (The Morganville Vampires #2) by Rachel Caine - I completely loved the first book in this series then went and bought the next 10 off Amazon but still haven't got round to getting stuck into them!

2. Twisted (Pretty Little Liars #9) by Sara Shepard - OK, so she's set to release book 14 in December and to be honest I don't quite know where she'll end up with this...BUT...I love them. They're so entertaining and quick to read, I just need to get cracking with the rest of the series first!

3. Pretties (Uglies #2) by Scott Westerfeld - Eeek, I really need to read the rest of this series!!

 photo weekfourbooks4-6_zps7751eb5e.png

4. Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally - This looked like a really fun summer read when I first heard about it :)

5. Numbers (Numbers #1) by Rachel Ward - I've got the whole series ready and waiting, and I know I'll really enjoy it, so this one is going to have to become a priority!

6. Point of Retreat (Slammed #2) by Colleen Hoover - I know, I know, I have the third in this series on my sidebar set as 'To Read Soon' but I have to confess...I still haven't read the second one for reasons completely unknown to me!

 photo weekfourbooks7-10_zpsa138fa98.png

7. Burn for Burn (Burn for Burn #1) by Jenny Han & Siobhan Vivian - The synopsis had me hooked when I first saw it so I instantly went out and bought it, I just need to get round to actually reading it!

8. City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments #2) by Cassandra Clare - I've finally got round to reading City of Bones at the moment, and I am really enjoying it. After reading a quite a few mixed reviews I decided to ignore them a bit and get on with it, and I've been pleasantly surprised so far. 

9. Debutantes by Cora Harrison - This cover!!!! Ahh!!! 

10. The Luxe by Anna Godbersen - An old series that I really keep meaning to get around to. So much to read, so little time. 

I really could have gone on and on with this list - I scanned my Goodreads TBR list and was amazed at how many great books I've spotted out there that I still need to read, in fact, it makes me feel a bit sad! Some of these actually make me a bit shamefaced too, because I've left it so long with not reading them! (You're probably thinking 'Where has this girl been?!' looking at some of these). There were many more stand-alones I could have picked out, but I've got so many series to catch up on first. Luckily for me, I get six weeks off in the summer as I work in a school, so I've got a lot of time to read! 

How are you picking your TBR list for summer?


26 comments:

  1. Great top ten! The mortal instruments series is amazing:)

    My TTT:
    http://evelinesbooks.blogspot.nl/2013/06/top-ten-tuesday-4.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eveline! I can't wait to get through the rest of the series :)

      Delete
  2. I loved Burn for Burn. It's a fun book. I really need to read Catching Jordan, too (and her other books as well). Great list! Thanks for stopping by mine!
    -Natalie @Natflix&Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm really excited for Born for Burn, and that cover is so pretty! And same, I really need to read all of Miranda Kenneally books too!

      Delete
  3. I love the cover for Numbers. I'm going to have to look up the series.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny Han, Rachel Caine, Cassandra Clare, Sara Shepard...all my favourite authors! This TTT list is amazing, you chose some really good reads! :) Thank you for checking out my TTT post, too!
    ~Becca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha then that makes us practically book twins! :) And I must compliment you on such great taste! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  5. So many great books on your list! I particularly love the PLL series and the Morganville Vampires, enjoy :)

    My (first!) TTT :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this top ten...so many good (and good sounding) reads on it

    My TTT is here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I can't wait to get started on them all - thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  7. You have some great reading ahead of you - Catching Jordan and Burn for Burn are so much fun! I also need to read the rest of the Pretty Little Liars series. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've heard a lot of good things about both of them :) And I definitely need to finish PLL!! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. Have fun with the Mortal Instruments series - I'll honestly say that City of Bones was my least favorite - they all get even better from there! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard this from quite a few people hehe - I can't wait to get reading the rest of them, I'm definitely a fan so far :)

      Delete
  9. Wow great picks! I'm so glad you have City of Ashes on your list. I loved that book! And the books get better and better :) And you should also read The Infernal Devices series after City of Lost Souls, when you get to it of course (I like TID better than TMI). Thanks for checking out my TTT!

    Sarah @ Bubbly and Bookish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh yeah definitely need to check those out!! I'm keeping my eye out in my library at the moment :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  10. Catching Jordan is great! Oh how I love Sam Henry. Actually all Miranda Kenneally is awesome.

    My TTT List

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for this one - I've heard such great things about her books, I need to get hold of them all! :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  11. I've added Burn for Burn to my list. Pretty Little Liars is on my TBR list, but I haven't started any of them yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo you're in for some fun then! :) I love the PLL series!!

      Delete
  12. Catching Jordan looks really cute, it's a contemporary series I'd like to look into. Numbers was interesting. Nice list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, Catching Jordan does look super cute :) And I definitely can't leave the Numbers trilogy on my shelf much longer without being read, it's been there ages! Ooops :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  13. I really need to finish the Mortal Instruments series too - I think I am on number 4? I loved the Infernal Devices series by Clare. Debutantes looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Morganville Vampire series is really good so far. I hope to read more this summer. City if Ashes almost made my top ten. I will probably still read it this summer though. :) Have a great Summer of reading!
    Here is my Tuesday Post.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...