Tuesday, 11 June 2013

Top Ten Tuesdays: Best Beach Reads


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is:


TOP TEN BEST BEACH READS

 photo weekthreebooks1-3_zps280eae17.png

1. Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard - I could just line the whole series up in a row and devour them one by one! Perfect mix of mystery, friendship and drama. 
2. One Day by David Nicholls - A gorgeous book to relax with on a summer's day - sweet and heartbreaking at the same time. 
3. You Had Me at Hello by Mhairi McFarlane - This is one of my all time favourite books! Set in my beloved Manchester it follows Ben and Rachel (perfectly adorable) and their lives apart after university. Very witty, fun and romantic. 

 photo weekthreebooks4-6_zpsce610a2f.png


4. The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks - One to really get lost in on a hot day - beautiful, touching and set on the beach in North Carolina. 
5. Babyville by Jane Green - This follows three women and their different approaches to motherhood - very funny, emotional and a fantastic read for a gorgeous sunny day. 
6. Starter for Ten by David Nicholls - Another David Nicholls (how could I resist?), this is also one of my all time favourite books. It follows Brian as he awkwardly navigates university, falling for girls out of his league and appearing on University Challenge - perfect!


 photo weekthreebooks7-10_zps23da71bc.png

7. Boy Meets Girl by Meg Cabot - The book is made up of emails, letters, notes, IM conversations, minutes etc and it all comes together to form a very funny, fresh book that always makes me smile. 
8. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J.K. Rowling - Who wouldn't want to get lost in one of their most favourite worlds of all time, say hello to old friends and play a spot of Quidditch? :)
9. Lizzy Harrison Loses Control by Pippa Wright - A perfect chick-lit book to read whilst sunning yourself on the beach - a controlling heroine who learns to let go in the arms of bad boy Randy. 
10. Isobel's Wedding by Sheila O'Flanagan - She's written so many books, but this always stands out for me the most because it was my first 'non-children's' book from my high school library when I was about 13. And by that I mean, I didn't want my mum to find me reading it! A brilliant author that always pulls you into her world, and this one is set in Spain too! 


20 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you have The Last Song on your list, Hannah! I swear that Nicholas Sparks reads = the perfect fit for summer, don't they? Plus, you have Harry Potter on your list, and that practically makes us soul sisters. Wonderful picks this week :)

    I'm following you via bloglovin' and email now, and I just have to say that you have such a stinkin' cute blog! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Nicholas Sparks is definitely the perfect beach read, just the right balance of everything :) And where would we ever be without a bit of HP :)
      Thanks so much for the follow and your kind words, you've made my day!

      Delete
  2. Nicholas Sparks would always make a great beach read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! A perfect summer read :)

      Delete
  3. I had never heard of You Had Me at Hello, but it sounds like something I'd like. I'm a fan of those years after University.. not many books set during that time, it seems. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great book, I would definitely recommend this! :) I also love that it's set in Manchester, most books set in the UK tend to centre around London so it's great to see them set in my home area! Especially for people who don't live in the UK - they can experience a bit of our Northern life :)

      Delete
  4. Harry Potter is on my list and I agree, the series is definitely a great beach read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! :) The perfect escapist book!

      Delete
  5. I loved Boy meets Girl. i was taken aback by the concept at first, but it grew on me :) Here is my TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! Once I got used to it though, I loved it and fell into the story :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. I loved Boy meets Girl, too. That whole "Boy" series is my favorite of hers. Babyville is such a great book, too. You Had Me at Hello looks cute. I'll have to see if my library has that one. Great list!
    Natflix&Books' TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely need to read more Jane Green, I adored Babyville! :) And you should check out You Had Me at Hello, it really is so cute! I'm sure you'll enjoy it :)

      Delete
  7. I really want to read a Nicholas Sparks book soon. I've seen almost all the movies, but I've never read his books. Great list! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe yeah, I think I watched all the movies first, but I've still so many of his books to read - he is a fantastic storyteller though, definitely worth a try :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. Yay so glad that Boy Meets Girl made it to your list too! I actually loved Isobel's Wedding too and totally forgot to add it to my list. Thanks so much for stopping by my list too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe yeah, I nearly forgot too, it's definitely been a while since I read it :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. The Last Song is definitely a good beach read.
    Thanks for stopping by my TTT! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah :) Just the right amount of romance and drama - perfect for a lazy day on the beach! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  10. I freaking loved Boy Meets Girl. So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great TTT! I have only read HP out of all of these!
    -Scott Reads It!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...