Tuesday, 25 June 2013

Top Ten Tuesday - Read So Far in 2013


Top Ten Books I've Read So Far In 2013

In no particular order:

 photo week5books1-3_zps7f2e472b.png

1. The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden (The Coincidence #1) by Jessica Sorensen - The second book in this series was my pick for Waiting on Wednesday last week. Such a heartbreaking but brilliant book but be warned - it ends of a cliffhanger!

2. School Spirits (School Spirits #1) by Rachel Hawkins - My first Rachel Hawkins and I loved it! She's a really great writer who had me swept up in the story from page one. I'm going to have to read the Hex Hall series soon!

3. Hopeless (Hopeless #1) by Colleen Hoover - I did a review on this a couple of days ago - it's one of my all time favourite books. An emotional rollercoaster and a fantastic read. 

 photo week5books4-6_zps90f002b2.png

4. True by Erin McCarthy - A tale of girl meets damaged boy but one that I felt was very fresh and exciting - a definite recommended read.

5. Queen's Gambit by Elizabeth Fremantle - My first historical novel in a long time, I won this in a Goodreads competition and didn't know what to expect. What I got was drama, intrigue and passion - a real page-turner.

6. Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires #1) by Rachel Caine - I truly loved the first book in The Morganville series - so action-packed with brilliant characters and a great style of writing. 

 photo week5books7-10_zpsfc7c403d.png

7. The Edge of Reason (Bridget Jones #2) by Helen Fielding - I'd only read the first Bridget Jones, many years ago, and thought I'd better get round to reading the second one! Laugh-out-loud funny with some truly cringey scenes from a well-loved, endearing character.

8. The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion - A very clever book, it follows Don - a man learning to let go and love whilst living with Asperger's. Very warm and funny, it hits all the right spots if you're looking for an unconventional love story.

9. The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides - Very haunting and beautiful. Dreamlike prose interspersed with dark humour to provide a very subtle yet magical read.

10. City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments #1) by Cassandra Clare - I literally just finished this yesterday, and I totally fell in love with it :)

I hadn't realised how many series I've started off this year! There's still so much that I haven't got round to reading yet, of course, and one massive thing I noticed when looking at books I've read this year was how many I rated quite low. I hate feeling like I've wasted my time on a book when there's so many amazing ones out there still to be read.

What made your top ten this week? Leave me a link and I'll be sure to check it out. 


16 comments:

  1. Hopeless is on my list too! I just love Colleen Hoover's books. The Rosie Project looks so cute! Great list :)

    Here's my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Rosie Project was such an amazing book! It would've been my 11th pick for my list :) And of course, Glass Houses is the best start of a series I've ever read, Rachel Caine is a genius when it comes to Vampires!
    Amazing TTT post! :)
    ~Becca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel Caine is indeed a genius - amazing books! :) Glad you like The Rosie Project too - it was so sweet :)

      Delete
  3. The only one on this list that I've actually read is CITY OF BONES. How crazy is that?! You've definitely made me think twice about reading some of these other titles though, so I'm intrigued! Great list this week, Hannah :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa :) There were so many that didn't make the list, but I'm glad I've intrigued you!

      Delete
  4. I'm finishing the last book in the Hex Hall series right now! They're so great, and if you liked School Spirits then you'll definitely like them.
    City of Bones is the only one from your list I've read, also! Off to check the others out on Goodreads :)
    My T10T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good - I really need to start off on Hex Hall, they sound so good :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Bridget Jones is a fun character. I'm excited that a new book is coming out this fall. I've heard great things about the Rosie Project. I liked the Virgin Suicides, but this is one of those extremely rare instances where I liked the movie better. Have you seen it? Great list!
    Natflix&Books' TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natalie! No I haven't actually seen the movie yet, but I've been meaning to see it for some time. Last time I checked it wasn't on Netflix though, boo! Haha, yeah, Bridget Jones is amazing! Always makes me smile :)

      Delete
  6. City of Bones is one I must read this summer! Can't wait to see the movie!

    Here's mine: http://unravelingbooks.blogspot.com/2013/06/top-ten-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I adore the Bridget Jones books! She is such an amazingly hilarious and classic character! :) Also, didn't you love City of Bones?! Its a great series, but I really love the Infernal Devices series, so you'll have to try those too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So agree! Bridget Jones is one of my all time favourite characters - so much fun to read :) And I'll definitely be starting the Infernal Devices soon! :)

      Delete
  8. I need to finish the Hex Hall series, but I really liked the first one. City Of Bones is the only one I've read, but I'd like to get caught up on the rest of it sometime this year. Glass Houses is also great, and I'm working my way through her other series, which I also love to death! Great list!

    Here's my TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same - I really need to get started on the rest of The Mortal Instruments series and continue making my way through the Morganville Vampire series - they're so good!! Glass Houses was probably my favourite book I've read this year :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...