Friday, 21 June 2013

Review - Hopeless by Colleen Hoover

Hopeless (Hopeless, #1)Title: Hopeless
Author: Colleen Hoover
Published: 8th January 2013
Source: Kindle edition from Amazon UK

Sometimes discovering the truth can leave you more hopeless than believing the lies…

That’s what seventeen-year-old Sky realizes after she meets Dean Holder. A guy with a reputation that rivals her own and an uncanny ability to invoke feelings in her she’s never had before. He terrifies her and captivates her all in the span of just one encounter, and something about the way he makes her feel sparks buried memories from a past that she wishes could just stay buried.

Sky struggles to keep him at a distance knowing he’s nothing but trouble, but Holder insists on learning everything about her. After finally caving to his unwavering pursuit, Sky soon finds that Holder isn’t at all who he’s been claiming to be. When the secrets he’s been keeping are finally revealed, every single facet of Sky’s life will change forever. [Goodreads]

Colleen Hoover, I am SO glad I discovered you. This was my second book (my first being Slammed) and once again I was blown away. This book is not a light read - it's deeply emotional as broken lives intertwine and dark secrets come together but it is a perfectly stunning book. After I finished, I actually didn't know whether to laugh or cry! A must-read. Seriously!

Sky and Holder were beautiful together, one of my favourite book couples ever in fact. They combined everything I love in a good love story, and their connection was made even stronger through their heartbreaking experiences. On top of this, it was definitely the twists and surprises that made this book so good for me - as sad as they were, they were what made this book feel so special and what Colleen Hoover is fast becoming known for. 

I don't want to give anything away as the experience of reading this book is one to be done with fresh eyes (in my opinion!) I just simply loved it and found it to be completely unforgettable and incredible - love-at-first-read in other words! As long as Colleen Hoover keeps writing, I know I'll be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...